Gabriel Knight - Beast Within (message in english)

Este es el foro donde todo aventurero que se precie habrá de reunirse para discutir y comentar los temas de mayor interés de nuestro amado género

Moderador: Moderadores

Responder
mmoreira
Aventurero inexperto

Gabriel Knight - Beast Within (message in english)

Mensaje por mmoreira » Miércoles, 14 de Marzo de 2007 19:09

Hi people. Sorry to write in english, but i don't know enough of spanish to write a message :)

I see that you have the translation patch for Gabriel Knight 2. I would like to know if someone can help me to make one. What tool should i use to extract the files from Gabriel Knight 2 resources, what files should i extract, etc.

Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you all and congratulations for the translations you have made! It's amazing :)

Radiobuzz
Aventurero respetable

Mensaje por Radiobuzz » Jueves, 15 de Marzo de 2007 0:40

You should download TraduSCI. With that package, you could use SCIResDump to dump the game's resources (copying the program and the files "ressci.map" and "ressci.lrg" [I don't remember if those are the exact names] from the game to a folder, then writing in a console "sciresdump /nressci.map rresource.lrg /m3 /v3 /h -1", if I remember correctly) and TraduSCI to translate the text.
Takk...

mmoreira
Aventurero inexperto

Mensaje por mmoreira » Jueves, 15 de Marzo de 2007 17:44

Thanks for the answer my friend! This is just what i needed!

I already knew the tradusci and sciresdump, but i din't know the proper parameters to extract the files. Thanks, it worked all right! :)

One last question. Should i distribute the extracted files after the translation? The sci engine will recognize it instead of the the files inside the original resource file?

thanks a lot! :)

Radiobuzz
Aventurero respetable

Mensaje por Radiobuzz » Jueves, 15 de Marzo de 2007 17:56

mmoreira escribió:One last question. Should i distribute the extracted files after the translation? The sci engine will recognize it instead of the the files inside the original resource file?
I don't actually understand what you're saying. If you're asking if the engine will use the extracted files and not the ones on the resources' files, then yes, but only if the extracted files have the correct header (which is probable if you can edit them), otherwise the game will show an error.

Greets.
Takk...

mmoreira
Aventurero inexperto

Mensaje por mmoreira » Viernes, 16 de Marzo de 2007 14:36

Radiobuzz escribió:
mmoreira escribió:One last question. Should i distribute the extracted files after the translation? The sci engine will recognize it instead of the the files inside the original resource file?
I don't actually understand what you're saying. If you're asking if the engine will use the extracted files and not the ones on the resources' files, then yes, but only if the extracted files have the correct header (which is probable if you can edit them), otherwise the game will show an error.

Greets.
Hi, yes, this is what i was asking for! :) Thank you so much!

Well, there is a way i can check if the files have the proper headers?

kelmer
Big Fat Lover
Contactar:

Mensaje por kelmer » Viernes, 16 de Marzo de 2007 14:49

If what you plan is on making a translation of the game into another language, then I suggest you simply take my translation patch (the one on this website) and just modify the .msg files contained in it with TraduSci.

Radiobuzz
Aventurero respetable

Mensaje por Radiobuzz » Viernes, 16 de Marzo de 2007 17:16

But those files are in Spanish, and he doesn't understand Spanish :P.
Takk...

mmoreira
Aventurero inexperto

Mensaje por mmoreira » Viernes, 16 de Marzo de 2007 22:42

Radiobuzz escribió:But those files are in Spanish, and he doesn't understand Spanish :P.
This is correct!

But, we also will not really translate the game. This game has an official translation in Brazilian-Portuguese. But this version is rare and much time no longer for sale. So, we want to take this translated files and make a patch to those who has the original English version. This is why I need to learn how to proper extract the game text files.

The same happen with Gabriel Knight 3, and i still don't know how to the the same with it. :)

Radiobuzz
Aventurero respetable

Mensaje por Radiobuzz » Sábado, 17 de Marzo de 2007 20:14

I still have the portuguese patch, it takes less than 20 MB. I could upload it if you want, but I will have to find it first.
Takk...

mmoreira
Aventurero inexperto

Mensaje por mmoreira » Domingo, 18 de Marzo de 2007 16:54

Radiobuzz escribió:I still have the portuguese patch, it takes less than 20 MB. I could upload it if you want, but I will have to find it first.
Wow! If you have the brazilian-portuguese patch done, this will be great and really appreciated! :shock:

Thanks! :)

Responder